Bertrand Russell (1872-1970) Most people would sooner die than think; in fact, they do so.
Six Principles of Magic
1. Every magician has a beautiful vision for the world.
2. Every system of magic is a single artists tool, used to reshape reality.
3. If you believe, it shall exist.
4. When you call, they will answer.
5. Success and failure, is one and the same: ignorance and depression is the enemy.
6. Be like all equally, and you shall unite; refuse and separate.
This is a very exciting book, which would interest anyone with a modern and progressive approach to magickal practise. The systems presented are given to be explored, and to inspire other new ideas.
The book is a collection of essays and ideas - this includes What is Magick and How does it work?; The Importance of Maat; A ritual opening; The 9 gates and the Magick Sphere; Angle Webs; Mantra Webs; Nightside Squares; The Prime Qabalah (a system of English Gematria); Beyond the Numberical Horizon - Inspirational Gematria; The Esoteric Symbolism of the Hebrew Alphabet, A New Analysis of IAO; The Kalas; KiaLiaMiaNiaSia - The Mantra of Becoming; The Mass of the Feather and the Scale; Eating your Words - Magickal Ingestion; The Trans-Uranian Magick Squares; There are also appendixes for Prime Qabalah Attributions; Hebrew Symbolism and more.
This book is aimed at people with some knowledge and experience of magickal work, and is suitable for intermediate / advanced students. If you have an interest in ceremonial magick, qabalah, gematria, thelema, Ma'at or related subjects you will probably find something that interests you in this book!
Added: October 8th 2005 Reviewer: Thoth Score: Related Link:Review Source Hits: 1623 Language: english